Monday 7 April 2008

you can die from that -- UPDATE UPDATE

Blogging as the new sweatshop? Methinks the NYT is a little shrill. Yes, two bloggers have died of heart attacks, presumably brought on by stress, unhealthy eating, and the extreme sedentary behavior that comes with blogging for a living (when you work from home, it's always there, and as a result, so are you).

Fortunately for you, dear reader, I don't get paid for my blog, so there's no stress, and I just came back from a run, so I don't think I'll be one of the statistics. I just hope my health insurance premiums don't go up as a result of my dangerous pastimes (oh wait, that's right... I live in Canada now).

For the record, tech bloggers sometimes earn $30-70k/year, and even the 'self-employed' can sometimes pull in $1000/month. But science bloggers aren't quite as popular as tech bloggers. I'd wager philosophy of science blogs are less popular still. That doesn't mean I'm not jealous.

(hat tip Pure Pedantry)

See my previous posts on death and dying.

No comments: