- Adopt a growth mindset. "Students who believe that intelligence and academic ability are fixed tend to stumble at the first hurdle."
- Sleep well.
- Forgive yourself for procrastinating.
- Test yourself.
- Pace your studies. "the optimal time to leave material before reviewing it is 10 to 30 per cent of the period you want to remember it for."
- Vivid examples may not always work best.
- Take naps.
- Get handouts prior to the lecture.
- Believe in yourself.
That advice may seem obvious. Fine -- but let that serve as #10: you don't have to be original.